Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Feel like I blew it already

The weekend went fairly well - Friday & Saturday were good as far as eating went, Sunday I was hungry all day for some reason, so ate a bit more than planned. Got in a workout on Saturday. Sunday was busy all day doing things. Didn't do an official workout, but was up an moving around a lot so it could be worse.

I have a birthday dinner out at our favorite restaurant tomorrow, which I plan to enjoy, so I intended to be pretty strict with my food for the rest of the week. And I blew it already.

There has been a bag of Tostitos sitting in the kitchen for a few weeks now. Not just any Tostitos - the Hint of Lime ones which I love. But as long as the bag remained unopened, I was ok. They were like a promise sitting there in the kitchen. One day they would be worked into a meal plan, obviously a treat, but something to look forward to.

Today, we had leftover stir-fry to reheat. All we had to do was cook the dumplings (which means drop in boiling water, it just takes a few minutes), and cook some rice (in the rice cooker, takes less than 20 minutes). Husband decides he is too hungry to wait 20 minutes and opens the bag. Then we proceed to stand in the kitchen and eat them while getting supper ready. At which point we're not even really hungry for supper any more, but we made it so we ate it.

I am mad at myself. I know better. I could have convinced him not to open the friggin' bag.

So, I've just done my Burn & Firm Pilates DVD (combines light weights, pilates and cardio) then 30 minutes on the treadmill as damage control. I would have gone longer on the treadmill, but it was 10:00 by the time I finished that, and I need to be tucked into bed no later than 11 PM or I turn into a pumpkin (not really - that's just what Husband always says).

Off to bed I go...

-----------------------
Daily Record
-----------------------
Weight: 142.1

BF: Kashi Granola Bar, coffee w/cream
Lunch: raw cauliflower, whole wheat pita, hummus
Snack: 1/2 cup raspberries & 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
Supper: Tostitos, dumplings, Ma Po Tofu & basmati rice

Workout: Burn & Firm Pilates (45 min) + 30 mins treadmill (1.7 miles)

3 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Those Hint of Lime tostitos are the Bag Lady's very most favourites!! Love them. **don't tell her they are fattening!!!**

Happy Birthday, kiddo - enjoy your meal out tonight. You can get back on track tomorrow!!

Jaime said...

Looking at the rest of your daily menu, the damage couldn't be all that bad. You hardly ate anything all day! Chalk it up to a few flex points and enjoy your treat. :)

meredi said...

I'm with Bionicwoman, you barely ate anything all day, girl! You need to take it easier on yourself :(