Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sneakers - think we have a winner!

I think I can finally remove "Buy new sneakers" from my to-do list. And it only took 3 tries to get it right. And I ended up buying another pair of the same running shoes I already had. Could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I'd just asked them to order a pair in my size to begin with. Live and learn. Stick to the Mizuno Wave Riders. Got it.

Having a beautiful, warm, sunny week. Loving it. Must remember to water my seeds tonight. Do you hear that Bag Lady?

We are embarking on a culinary adventure tonight. We are trying two new recipes from Martin Yan's Quick & Easy. We used to try out new recipes all the time, but lately we've been too tired/lazy...whatever. Anyway, last week Moon pulled out the cookbook (no idea what got into him) and started picking out recipes. He picked out a poached halibut with soba noodles recipe (Fish? Shock!) which we tried last week. It was easy and it was good. Will hopefully make again.

Tonight is a shortcut version of Chinese BBQ Pork and smashed potatoes (which does not sound very Chinese to me, but we figured it would go well with the pork). We should have leftovers from the BBQ Pork which can then be used in some of the other recipes in the book. And all "Quick And Easy" (I hope).

The Mermaid Chair


-----------------------
Daily Record
-----------------------
Weight: 143.7

BF: Nature Valley PB Granola Bar, coffee w/cream
Lunch: Curried Red Lentil Soup
Snack: Yogurt w/strawberries
Supper: Chinese BBQ Pork & Smashed Potatoes, steamed broccoli

Planned Workout: There will be one. A workout. Of some kind. I promise.

5 comments:

Crissy Rae said...

Yeah! New shoes that fit right! That's great cuz that definitely makes all the difference when exercising.

Christy said...

I LOVE my Mizuno wave riders, and because they were a little on the pricey side I tried a dozen other pairs of shoes hoping something else would do the job, but now I'm on my 3rd pair and probably won't ever buy anything else. The right shoes do make all the difference. So happy you found yours :)

the Bag Lady said...

Glad you got the right sneakers. It's not a bad thing that you tried different ones - they made you more certain the Mizuno's are the right choice!
Thanks for the reminder (and the shout out!) - the Bag Lady's tomato seeds are sprouting!!! Now she really will need the reminders!
How are yours doing?

Unknown said...

Yeah for the shoes!!! :)

Your meal sounded soooooo good last night. :)

Next week for me... start the seeds. :)

JavaChick said...

Thanks ladies - I am happy to have the shoe hunt over with.

Supper was really good last night, and not too time consuming to make, though the kitchen was a bit of a mess by the time we were finished.