Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I think the garden is winding down...

I was hoping for a warm, sunny September so my garden would keep going a bit longer, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I'll be sad when it's finished for the year, but I admit I'm already thinking about what I will do with it come next spring.

But it's not quite done yet, so here are a few photos from this week that I hadn't got around to posting...

Another basket of tomatoes, not as full as the last one.
Photobucket

Cayenne Peppers
Photobucket

Was going for a picture of George sitting in the garden, but of course as soon as he realized my attention was on him, he headed straight for me.
Photobucket

Fred was in hiding, so this was the best I could do.
Photobucket

Picked the three red cayenne peppers today and added them to a batch of salsa
Photobucket


On Getting Some Perspective
I want you all to know that I did read and consider the comments that were left on my last two [whiny] posts. A few final thoughts:

1. I absolutely agree that life is for living and we need to allow ourselves to enjoy it.

2. Sometimes I have it in my head that things are going to go a certain way - I have a plan - and when things don't go according to my plan, I don't handle it well. Not always. But sometimes I definitely lose it. Just a little bit.

3. More salsa is always a good plan!

Speaking of enjoying life...
I've had quite a good weekend. We didn't go anywhere, or do anything special. Just relaxed at home. Well. My version of relaxing, which involves good workouts both yesterday and today. Great meals - healthy and tasty - prepared and enjoyed. And another batch of salsa put away for winter (if we don't eat it all before the snow flies).

I do my share of complaining sometimes, but when it comes right down to it, life is good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very impressed on you garden! Everything has turned out so beautiful for you. :)

I like your comment that there is always salsa! lol

the Bag Lady said...

Life is for the living! Exactly!

I'm so jealous of your pretty tomatoes. Mine are not as photogenic. ~~sigh~~ (Or perhaps the problem is the photographer around here is not as good...!)

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, and my garden is definitely winding down! We've had frost several times in Sept., so what's left out there is looking very, very sad indeed.
(Potatoes, onions, rutabagas, carrots is about all that's left in garden. The peppers in pots on deck are still doing okay.)