Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Chinese Night!

It was a bright, sun-shiney day; my favorite kind! Though I had to work, so I was inside for most of it. But I was out for a bit this afternoon and it was lovely.

Actually changed up breakfast today; whole wheat toast with peanut butter & jam and a pear.

Photobucket

I have MaraNatha Almond Butter & Peanut Butter, but they are supposed to be refrigerated and I like my peanut butter to melt on my toast, so I end up using good old Kraft for my toast. I love peanut butter!

And here is my lunch all ready to go - salad and avocado with lime to go on top at lunch time:

Photobucket

I took a picture part way through lunch:

Photobucket

There is a lot of eating in that container of salad. Definitely getting too cold for salad now though, I will have to make a batch of soup to freeze this weekend so I can start having warm lunches again.

Afternoon snack:

Photobucket

Counting down the FBBC workouts...1 down, 2 to go. Here's a challenge I bet Angie didn't envision when she was designing her workout - feline obstacles. Imagine being at the top of a push up position, mid-mountain climber, when a cat suddenly walks under your chest and starts rubbing up against your arms. Totally took me by surprise. So I did have a little break in there today to give George his cuddles; I tried to get back to the workout before he was ready, and he let me know by walking under me again - good incentive to hold your plank pose though, certainly didn't want to squash my cat.

Then it was time to make supper - I was starving! Today we made Chinese Tomato Salad, Hoisin Pork with Garlic Noodles and Broccoli & Snow Pea Stir-Fry. Don't you wish you were having dinner at my house?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I promise you, there were noodles underneath the pork & veggies. It all turned out perfectly - the pork ended up with a lovely glaze on it, the veggies were still crisp and just lightly flavored. Yum!

I was really hungry after my workout/when we started making supper - had that hollow feeling you know? I was surprised that I scarfed down all of that supper, and to top it off I still feel a bit hungry. Thinking maybe breakfast was not substantial enough? My lunch and snack were pretty normal.

It's been a good half hour since supper and I still feel empty, so I think I may have a dish of yogurt. Maybe I'll try some water first to make sure that's not it.

No comments: