Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Friday!

I had a really good sleep last night. Usually I wake up at least once during the night, but I slept straight through. No cats waking me up in the middle of the night or anything. A familiar breakfast:

Photobucket

The weather is definitely cooling off (already! isn't summer supposed to last more than couple of weeks?). I found myself thinking about warm lunches today, as it was chilly in the office around lunch time. And I mentioned to Husband last night that I'm starting to look forward to pulling the slow cooker out again.

But, for today I had another salad, plus a peanut butter sandwich. For some reason I've been craving one and I did actually really enjoy it. Sometimes I'm easy to please.

Photobucket

Mid-afternoon I had a Coconut Cream Pie LaraBar for a snack.

Photobucket

It was a busy week at work - one of those weeks where it seemed like things kept coming at me and I had a hard time focusing. By 4:30 I could feel my brain shutting down. It was done. Fortunately Husband was ready to leave by 5:05. I was so ready to be home!

I really just wanted to sit down on the couch and not move. I was doing a few things in the kitchen, and then that was my plan - I just wanted to sit. But Fred was being very vocal about the fact that he wanted a walk. Fred is generally the quiet one - George really likes to yowl - so when Fred does meow for something it sorta gets to me.

So, out out we went. We headed up the hill Fred stopped to snack on some exotic grass (i.e. - grass from outside the cat fence).

Photobucket

I couldn't see him, but I could hear George complaining from somewhere in the yard.

Photobucket

When I came in I finally sat down on the couch for a few minutes with a book. I had a little snack - triscuits & hummus again (recycling photo from yesterday because I didn't feel like taking another picture of the same thing). I had 6 Triscuits with hummus.

Photobucket

But I still wasn't settling down and relaxing, so I got up and started getting supper together. We planned to make pizza. Husband was back on the phone for work - hope this is not going to become a constant thing, no fun for Husband to be doing that all the time.

Since Husband was working, I was on my own, but I just took my time. I have some Explosive Ember Pepper plants growing in a pot in my kitchen. They are very pretty - they get purple flowers and grow small serrano chilies that start out purple and eventually turn red. I noticed I had some ready to be used.

Photobucket

I also used some garlic and onions from my garden. Everything got minced and thrown in the pizza sauce.

Photobucket

We buy these flat breads for crust because they fit in our toaster oven, so we don't have to heat up the big oven to bake our pizza.

Photobucket

Easy supper for a night when I was feeling worn out. Should have made a salad, but I was too lazy. It was a good pizza though. I cut the pizza in 4 pieces, Husband gets two (slightly bigger) pieces, then I cut the other two into 4 pieces for myself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes I find my half is too much, cutting it in smaller pieces makes it easier for me to decide how much I want to eat. If it's too much, I can save a piece or two for the next day. Tonight night, when I sat down I thought I wasn't hungry and I'd probably had too much food already today.

I took my pizza to the living room (Husband was still on the phone is his computer room - I handed his plate to him, poor guy). I sat down with my pizza to watch the season premiere of Supernatural which I had PVR'd from Thursday night. It was weird - it was like I suddenly just felt all this stress releasing that I hadn't even realized I'd been holding onto. I guess maybe it was at that point I decided there was nothing else I had to do that night and I could relax. There are times, I think, when when a plate of comfort food and a little couch potato time can be a good thing.

I did eat all of the pizza and did not feel stuffed at all, so maybe I was hungrier than I thought. Sometimes I think my hunger cues are all messed up.

After supper I did take the cat fountain apart and clean it, which was needing to be done, and cleaned up the kitchen. Then I sat down and started trying to write this blog post but things just working for me, so I gave up. I was very happy at that point to just read for a bit and head off to bed.

No comments: