Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

A case of the Mondays

We watched Office Space on Saturday night at our friends’ place and I’d never seen it before. Today I felt like “A case of the Mondays” was pretty accurate. I was really not ready for it to be Monday!

But there Monday was anyway. Funny how that goes.

Inspired by Angie and Lynn I decided that, for the month of November at least, I’m going to get back to calorie counting. I feel like I need a reality check, just to see how I’m doing.

On to my day…

I couldn’t figure out what I wanted for breakfast this morning – I’ve been feeling off since Thursday, it comes and goes, and I feel like I’m not sure what’s going to sit well. So, I had a half serving of Optimum Slim with Almond Breeze and a shot of Bolthouse Vanilla Chai.

IMG_7611

Then around 11 am I had some almonds and an apple (finished off my container of almonds…must remember to get more).

IMG_0278

I mentioned last week that the microwave at work was broken. We were expecting to have a new one today, so I went all prepared to have Thai Green Curry Soup for lunch only to find out that we still have no microwave. Boo.

So, I went out at lunch time with no clear idea of what I was going to have. I needed to pick up a couple of things at the drug store anyway, so I did that first, then I decided to walk over to Extreme Pita. I never go there because it’s off my “beaten path” as it were, but it really is not that far to go.

I had a Falafel Pita and it was really good. I checked the Nutrition Info when I got back, and the calories are right around where I like my lunch to be, so that was good.

IMG_0279

It was a little messy to eat, but it definitely filled me up.

In the afternoon I did have a little treat:

IMG_0276

We got out of work on time today. Yay! Off to a good start for the week.

I was all set to rock my first day of calorie counting. I would come home, do my workout, and have stir fry and rice for supper. Unfortunately I ended up making a pit stop at the bowl of Halloween candy sitting on the kitchen table. Oddly enough, I didn’t eat much candy on the weekend. I was too busy and too tired and just not feeling it. Then I come home today and turbo snarf (as my roommate used to say) 4 mini chocolate bars.

But that’s ok, because now the bowl has been relocated to Husband’s computer room (he doesn’t loose control around chocolate the way I do) so it’s out of sight.

After my chocolate break I did do my workout. It was killer today – not sure how much of that is me not feeling great though (honestly, I don’t feel bad enough to say I’m sick, but I don’t feel 100% either. And yes, there is that little voice in the back of my head screaming ‘you’re getting the flu!’ but I don’t know…may just be overtired). I have to confess, I only made it through 2 sets of the Ab Circuit because I felt nauseous and every ab exercise I did made it worse. Even with cutting out the last set of ab exercises it took me a half hour to get through the routine. Good workout though!

Then Husband and I unloaded the dishwasher. Then we loaded more dishes into the dishwasher. And I asked how we could make such a mess when it felt like we were hardly home all weekend?

Since I knew we’d have bean sprouts left over after making spring rolls on the weekend, I planned my favorite Ma Po Tofu stir fry for supper.

Served over Jasmine rice.

IMG_7613

And leftovers for tomorrow. Yay!

No comments: