Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Beautiful, sunny Monday

Forecast for the day is a high of 18 degrees, most likely it will be warmer than that at our house - not that I will be at our house, I will be uptown in the office all day. But the sun is still shining through the window, and I did get out and enjoy the sunny weather yesterday. I really enjoy this warm weather so late in the year - makes it hard to be upset about global warming.

Yesterday was busy, busy. Tried to get some cleaning done inside, plus some cooking, but I just couldn't stand to waste the beautiful day by staying inside. Went out for a walk, then did some work in the yard - pulling weeds, planted 4 different kinds of bulbs that I picked up at the Superstore on Saturday, dug up a plant that I am hoping I can over-winter in the house.

It felt like I didn't stop yesterday. Good for the Activity Points I guess, but I could have done with a bit more relaxing. Oh well, guess there is plenty of time for that once the weather turns cold.

My one complaint - as usual I am running around trying to get stuff done while Moon sits behind the computer and plays games. I'm always hoping he'll notice that I'm working my butt off so he'll get up and help....Hasn't happened yet, so I don't know why I keep thinking it will.

Have discussed this with my sister. Our Mom is a neat freak, and when she wants something done, she wants it done now. The result is that her house is always neat and tidy. I so wish my house could be that way, but I just did not inherit the gene...I always have lots of clutter around. Add to that a husband who is just as bad, and two cats that like to track in all the mulch from the flower beds, and you end up with a perpetually messy house. I do try, but I can't keep up. And (finally coming to the part my sister and I have discussed) I think I try so hard not to be a nag, that I go too far in the opposite direction. I will gently and politely ask for help (after I have already spent an hour running around the house doing things), at which point Moon may get up and do the few things he considers to be his part, then he'll go back to the computer.

I like it when my house is clean. It's just so hard to get there and it doesn't seem to last. Wish we could afford a maid.

Afternoon thoughts:

The chocolate is calling to me! Went for my daily stroll to buy a bottle of Evian and the Peanut Butter Cups were calling out to me...I resisted. Came back to the office, where a coworker across the hall is selling Cadbury chocolate bars for his kids fundraiser. Fortunately he is across the hall and I can ignore it....But wait, a friendly co-worker bought a bar and offered me a piece...Silly me I accepted and it tasted so good and now I want to buy one for myself and eat the whole thing!

I do allow myself small chocolate treats, but a family size bar of chocolate is not a small chocolate treat. I could eat the whole thing quite easily though.

But no. I will just sit here and drink my water. Maybe chew on a few almonds and see if that does the trick.


-----------------------------------
Daily Record

Weight: 137 lbs

BF: 1 slice WW toast w/Olivina, 1/2 c. cottage cheese, coffee
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Moroccan Chickpea Soup
Snack: yogurt, raspberries, strawberries
Supper: Mexican Crockpot Soup

No comments: