Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Feel Good...

Cue the James Brown music. :-)

So, when I posted yesterday it was at the end of the work day while waiting for darling hubby to let me know he was on the way to pick me up. When I recorded my meals for the day, I knew supper would include some sort of veggie side, but wasn't sure what so I didn't include anything in the record.

When I got home, I decided I was too lazy to make salad and raw veggies would do the trick. So I quickly chopped some veggies and arranged a dish each for Moon and I (his with Renee's dip, mine with Spicy Hummus). Now, normally I would sit down and munch my way through the veggies, finishing them all by the time the main course was ready. But since the weather has started cooling off, I've started in on some knitting projects again. I decided to try making a baby blanket for a freind and fearing that it is going to take me forever to finish, I've been spending as much time on it as I could. So, while waiting for the sauce to defrost, the water to boil, the pasta to cooked, I turned on the tv and sat down with my knitting and veggies.

Knitting keeps your hands pretty busy. I have often found it helps with evening munchies, because when my hands are busy I seem less likely to decide that they need to be putting food in my mouth. Last night, it meant that by the time supper was ready, I had barely put a dent in my veggies. So I worked away at them for the rest of the evening, finishing the last few just before I went off to get ready for bed. I did not have a chance to get hungry all evening. I'm feeling like I ate really well yesterday - aside from the peanut butter cup incident - and yes, I feel good!

OT - I have been forgetting to wear my bite plate at night (I grind my teeth in my sleep) and I have been feeling it. Must remember to wear it tonight.

----------------------

Daily Record
BF: Multigrain toast with PB & a smidgeon of jam, coffee
Snack: apple, cottage cheese
Lunch: Lima Bean Tomato Soup
Snack: yogurt with 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup raspberries
Supper: Chicken & veg stirfry

A.M. Exercise: Burn & Firm Pilates

No comments: